Saturday, July 4, 2009

Frank's Opening Statement

Greetings and salutations fellow food lovers! My name is Frank and although I have long wanted to blog about my foodie life, I am only starting now. While I am only one half of The Amateur Foodies, I want to explain what you can expect to see posted on this site. Unfortunately, that would be an extremely long list so I will simply tell you what I will probably focus my posts on:


I am a very enthusiastic caesophile (or cheese lover). Many of my post will be recounting stories from the Artisanal Premium Cheese Center in NYC or about a new cheesy treat I have discovered.
I love reading honest reviews of restaurants and I will definitely be posting my own. I will be sharing interesting bits of knowledge and research from class and hopefully initiate some nice discussions with readers. Finally, I strongly believe that food heals the soul and will be ranting about that many times. I will post pictures whenever I can and hopefully throw in a few video posts too.


I strongly encourage readers to post their comments on our blog as that is the best way for us to learn. We want our readers to sharer their thoughts on our opinions and if we are lucky, we'll all learn something and at the end of the day thats what its all about.

So once again, Welcome, and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm you should most def write about cheeses...
    It will remind me of my culinary adventures in France.
    Also, do you know where one can find a German cheese called "Hirtenkäse"? It's like the German equivalent of a really good, nutty, aromatic parmigiana with a good amount of crystallization but I can't find it any where... :(
    ~Ian

    ReplyDelete